P Grad Dip Ed Psych, MA, BA (all Uni of Auck); PGDip Health Science -Advanced Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (AUT), MNZPsS
Hilary provides assessment and support for children, young people and their families in the areas of social-emotional functioning, challenging behaviour and childhood disorders; including but not limited to Autism Spectrum Disorder, childhood anxiety including Tourettes and attention disorders. She also provides individual therapy for children, adolescents and adults.
Hilary has worked for nearly 30 years supporting children and families, and previous roles include the following:
- Educational Psychologist at the Ministry of Education, Special Education, working with preschool and school age children, and facilitating training courses for parents and educators.
- Certified Training Provider of the NAS Earlybird Programme for Autism New Zealand
- Research Fellow for Education Department, University of Auckland in the Evaluation of “Parents as First Teachers Pilot Project”
- IHC Preschool Teacher
Hilary is a certified Triple P Positive Parenting Programme practitioner at Level 4 and is also certified in the Secret Agent Social Skills programme for children on the Autistic Spectrum.
In 2015, Hilary has also been part of a Change Management Team working with Children’s Teams to optimize positive outcomes for vulnerable children and their families/whanau.
Areas of interest:
- Parent-child attachment and family relationships
- Families with children with special needs including developmental delay, emotional and behavioural needs, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Anxiety Disorder and other childhood mental health disorders.
- Maternal Mental Health
- Vulnerable Children and their families/whanau